SIA Baltic Dairy Board is implementing an industrial research and experimental development in collaboration with AS Biotehniskais centrs:
“Study of improvement of a controlled enzymatic hydrolysis process for obtaining high-quality whey and milk protein hydrolysate” (Project implementation period: 01.09.2016 – 31.08.2017)
within the framework of program’s “Growth and employment” article 1.2.1. specific objective of the support “to boost private sector investments in P&A” and article 220.127.116.11 measure “support for new product and technology development within competence centres”
Project number 18.104.22.168/16/A/005
- Research is being implemented within the framework of the project Centre of Competence of Intelligent Materials and Technologies. Centre of Competence of Intelligent Materials and Technologies covers three scientific directions:
- Intelligent materials – changes their features according to external environmental incentives. This includes intelligent materials and coatings, as well as nano-materials and nano-technologies. Intelligent materials are widely used and cover several economic sectors.
- Biotechnology – a biological and technological sector using natural biological systems (such as microorganisms) for the production of biologically significant substances. Fermentation processes and living organisms are widely used in this direction. One of the most important areas is the production of bio-fuel and bio-energy, related to the topic of renewable energy.
- Environmental direction includes areas facing the reduction of environmental pollution and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Competence Centre project aims to support a minimum of 20 studies according to the defined research areas, developing new products and technologies for the industry and introducing them in production, thus promoting research and industrial sector cooperation, as well as increasing the competitiveness of business operators.
- Project is being implemented from September 1, 2016 to December 31, 2018;
- The total amount of European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) support for the project constitutes 3 206 250 EUR;